New post (Potato Tuna Patties Recipe) has been published on Foodixo – https://www.foodixo.com/2015/02/10/potato-tuna-patties-recipe/
Potato Tuna Patties can be served either for breakfast, lunch or dinner alongside a fresh salad and your favorite dipping sauce, either as appetizer. They keep well refrigerated and can be used for the next day meal, either warm or cold. Tuna in combination with mashed potato, corn, lemon and green onion seems to be a winner for our family and I am certain it will be for you too. Just give them a try.
Makes about 12 patties
10 oz (300 g) potatoes, boiled with their skin on and chilled
1 can (7 oz- 185g) tuna in oil, drained, flaked
1/2 cup corn kernels
2 spring onions, chopped
lemon zest from 1 lemon
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup breadcrumbs, for coating
1. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
2. Add the tuna flakes and mix with a fork.
3. Add corn kernels, chopped spring onions, egg and breadcrumbs.
4. Finally add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
5. Divide mixture into 12 portions. Shape them into patties. Place breadcrumbs on a plate and add the patties to coat.
6. Heat oil over medium high heat in a nonstick pan. Cook patties for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer the patties to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil. Clean the pan with a paper towel and repeat until all patties are done.
7. Serve with your favorite salad, and sauce. We served it with our homemade chilli jam.
For the full recipe check my blog: