New post (Pasta in White Sauce/ How to Make Easy Creamy Italian Pasta Recipe by Tarla Dalal) has been published on Foodixo – https://www.foodixo.com/2015/10/21/pasta-in-white-sauce-how-to-make-easy-creamy-italian-pasta-recipe-by-tarla-dalal/
Pasta in White Sauce, a colourful pasta treat which is sure to be loved by kids as well as adults!
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Pasta-in-White-Sauce-40459r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Pasta in White Sauce
White sauce, with its soothing texture and flavour, plays host to not just perfectly cooked fusilli but also a medley of colourful and crunchy veggies. Colourful capsicums, vibrant broccoli and crunchy baby corn endow this dish with a splash of colours, which is pretty to behold and tempting to bite into! Wonderfully flavoured with spices and herbs, the Pasta in White Sauce is a real delight to devour.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Cooking Time: 8 minutes.
2 cups cooked fusilli
2 cups milk
2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
¼ cup yellow capsicum strips
¼ cup green capsicum strips
¼ cup red capsicum strips
¼ cup sliced zucchini
¼ cup blanched broccoli florets
¼ cup diagonally cut and blanched baby corn
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes
1½ tsp dried mixed herbs
¼ cup grated processed cheese
1. Combine the milk, plain flour and salt in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
2. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the yellow, green and red capsicum and zucchini and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli and baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
5. Add the milk-plain flour mixture, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, cheese and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
6. Add the fusilli, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing gently.
Serve immediately with garlic bread.